Monday, June 21, 2010

legacy...

As a youth pastor I used to attend the National Youth Workers Conventions almost every year. As a result I encountered the founder of the NYWC, Mike Yaconelli. I was so inspired by Mike because he was a man who could passionately verbalize what so many of us felt about the church. Now as a church planter I maintain that I'm just going to be a youth pastor to adults. My heart still resonates with Mike's words for the church as I believe he speaks so much truth of how the church should really look and what we should really be all about. May that passion and perspective never die.

A few years ago, Mike was tragically killed in a car accident. I was devastated, but the words that God laid on his heart live on and continue throughout youth workers and new churches all over the world. God used Mike in the hearts of so many of us, and his legacy continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment