Wednesday, July 7, 2010

countdown...


We are 12 days away from meeting our son. Ann is scheduled for a C-Section on Monday, July 19th. We're really excited but we're feeling a little behind on all the final tasks that we need to accomplish in order to be "ready." We still need to paint the nursery, set up the crib, bring in the dresser, etc. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

A significant contributor to our procrastination is the nursery also served as my old office. This kind of threw me for a loop as my life continues to get rearranged. Recently the pastor from South Gate church (located 7 minutes from my house) heard about my immediate need for an office. He quickly checked with the leadership of his church about the vacant office that they have and he contacted me to let me know that I could use the available space for free. This is a huge answer to prayer and a major relief!

In the midst of the busyness I had a friend of mine remind me to not miss out on a significant moment. He pointed out that my daughter is old enough to begin helping get the house ready for the baby. This will allow us to make memories together as well as help prepare her heart and mind for the new family member. I'm grateful for my friend's advice. I will admit that moving my office would have went quicker without her help, but she was extremely excited to be a part of getting the room ready. This weekend Grandpa Larry is coming to paint the nursery and we promised her that she could help him paint. It has been so fun to see her display so much excitement and anticipation over her baby brother. I'm looking forward to seeing her hold him for the first time as I was old enough to recall holding my younger sister for the first time. Most nights before she goes to bed my daughter kisses Ann's tummy and prays for the baby. This is usually followed with her asking us how much longer until "my baby" gets here? To which Ann and I respond, "Soon...very soon."



No comments:

Post a Comment